Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Not Alone

As a child we all had at least one thing that we were afraid of. For me it was the basement at my parents house. It always seemed to be the darkest room in the house and therefore was the scariest. 

So, since it was the scariest room in the house it was the only room I would not go into alone. Usually it would take either my brother or my sister to go down into the basement with me in order for me to lose my fear. (It reminds me of when we go to a haunted house and everyone needs a partner to walk with in order to be less scared.)

Sometimes I simply just needed to turn the light on. I figured if I could see what was down there I could quickly accomplish my task and run back up the stairs. But, when I look back on my fear of the basement I realize how much time I lost out on. See, as I got older I became a musician and athlete. So, I utilized the basement to practice music and exercise. I can honestly say, if I did not have the basement to use, I probably would not be as good as I am today.

So, I'm sure you're wondering how this ties in to today's message. 

Well, although my fear of the basement ceased over time, there are still other fears in my life that I have to overcome in order to accomplish my goals. And just like before, when I enter an intimidating situation or season, I am more confident when I am not alone. I can no longer depend on my brothers and sisters to hold my hand and walk through the dark places. I can no longer call my parents to comfort me as I cope with the fears of life. 

However, our salvation in Jesus Christ guarantees that he will be there in our darkest hour. Our salvation guarantees that the God will never leave us or forsake us. 

So, my message to you today is to trust in God and cast your cares on him. Find peace in knowing that when you enter those scary places in your life that you have someone there holding your hand. God seeks to comfort and protect us. So, no matter what you may be up against, you will win. Whether it be Intimidating honors classes, bullying, disrespectful roommates, or a tedious job search, remember that God will comfort us. 

Psalm 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

God Bless,

Andre D. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment